Thursday, April 3, 2014

Spring Has Sprung

Can you believe we are we are in April already? We are done with the first quarter of the year, looks like this one is going to go fast. And this month brings with it Spring and the celebration of Easter. A week ago I attended a Copic card coloring class at my local craft store to see if I could get over this creative and personal funk. And oh boy, let me tell you: it worked! We had a small class, only four plus the teacher. And this time she tried something different. She gave each student all the materials (copics included) in a plastic container with the finished sample of the card and I loved it!

By the second card, we were helping each other and giving advice as to what mistakes to avoid. But more importantly, I was able to finish all the cards! I couldn't' believe it because it was Tuesday night and I had to run out of the office to drive the distance to get to the store on time for the 6:00 pm class. I came out of the class all pumped up, immediately calling my husband because I couldn't believe it.

I have to say, I felt a little proud of myself for accomplishing such a great challenge. See, usually I don't finish all the cards because I'm visual and try to color with "technique" (funny because I don't have one yet, hehe!) and there are not enough markers so I get stuck. I blame the "perfectionist little monster" that lives in me. But this time I decided to let go of it and "go with the flow" and just try to have fun. And I did!

The cards are a "clean and simple" style and I will be posting one each week, time permitting. We didn't get a list of the materials, but I tried to research most of them online to include in the post. Here is the first one, I hope you like it!

Front card view:

Detail of image:

This card was created using:
Stamp: Stampin' Up! "Blessed Easter"
Dies: Stampin' Up! Ovals Collection Framelits Dies
Others: Stampin' Up! "Framed Tulip Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die 
This image was colored with Copic markers.
 
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Addicted to Stamps: Challenge #89 - CAS
Crafting with Dragonflies: Challenge #23 : Easter - Card or anything
Handmade Harbour: Midweek Papercraft Party (31) Spring or Easter
City Crafter Challenge Blog: Week 205 - Easter/Spring
Loves Rubberstamps Challenge Blog: Challenge 97 - Anything Goes
2 Cute Ink Challenge: Challenge #103 - Anything Goes
Crafty Boots Challenges: Easter
MarkerPOP: Challenge #40
The Paper Nest Doll House Norwegian Challenge: Challenge #7 - Easter or Spring Colors
My Craft Creations: Anything Goes


Hugs, Kathya

16 comments:

  1. This is adorable!! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your clean and simple card, the edging and image are both so pretty. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathya, this looks fabulous and now I will be copying the idea - such a great idea to link the tulip folder to the new stamp - and to colour in just the tulips on the embossing. Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Crafting with Dragonflies for our Easter challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Easter card.
    Thanks for joining the challenge at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleased you enjoyed your class. The tulips are really beautifully coloured and go so well with the embossed frame. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on getting so inspired and you lesson really worked. The colouring here is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  8. An absoloute classic Easter card, love the colours and the LO, thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely crisp colours, thanks for entering MCC challenge, Good Luck Kathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card! Just love the Spring tulips. Thanks so much for going us for our Anything Goes Challenge at 2 Cute Ink! Hope we see you again. ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ove tulips and you did a wonderful job with their colors. Thanks for playing at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blooms are lovely as can be Kathya, but your enthusiasm is the true joy. Glad you had so much fun. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very beautiful card!Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely card, super shading on your tulips. Thanks for joining in the Crafting with Dragonflies challenge, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab card and, obviously, just what you needed to get our mojo back. I love how you have coloured the tulips Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a gorgeous card! I love your beautiful image! Thank you for joining us at Paper Nest Dolls Norway! Hugs Julie DT x

    ReplyDelete