Tuesday, August 21, 2012

For a very special person

This card has no stamp but a lot of heart! I made this one especially for my husband in appreciation for his support in all I do. He is always asking: “So, when are you going to Skype with Ivonne?” Of course, there is an advantage for him on this. He goes and watches a “James Bond” movie, which he has the whole collection while Ivonne and I talk for hours. [Insert smile!]

On the other hand, there have been times when I’ve needed something to finish a project and haven't been able to leave the office on timeHe has asked what do I need from the craft store and he goes and gets it for me. He will even print the discount coupon because he knows that’s how I shop. [Insert grin!]
For all of these reasons and many more, this card is dedicated to my hubby, Michael. Thank you for supporting my passion and always being there for me!


Front view:
Side view:

Detail: 

Inside view:

This card was created using DP: Graphic 45 "A Ladies' Diary"; Cardstock: DCVW; ribbon and other embellishments are from my stash.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Challenge # 25 - We Are Family: Sugar Creek Hallow
Challenge # 36 Rich and Earthy Colours!: Card Crafter's Circle
Fabulous Friday Challenge - Twine/Ribbon!: Frosted Designs
Inspire Me Fridays 72 - Anything Goes: ...Joyful Stamper

Smooches, Kathya


16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card!
    Very romantic.
    Thank you for coming along at the It's all About the Vintage & Beauty- challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice card, I love the color palette and the beautiful image. But mostly I love the story behind it! You are very blessed! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly an artist Kathya and this is so very wonderful. I also loved reading the tribute to your very loving husband. I think you are his bond girl!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathya,
    Thanks for playing in our Challenge this week at Card Crafter’s Circle,I really like how you have created this wonderful card and I love this image !!Lucky you to have found Michael, he sounds almost too good to be true!!I'm sure he will love this card you created especially for him!
    Hugs
    Trish Munro
    http://trishandtreasure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty card and lovely of you to make for ur hubby. thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kathya! This is amazing and your sweet hubby definitely deserves a huge pat on the back. What a sweetheart! The closest my hubby comes to a craft store is to buy a gift card. LOL Wonderful card for your special guy! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathya , I fell in love with those papers, they are just soooo beautiful, and Ilove the card you made with that beautiful image. such a wonderful way to show appreciation to your hubby, I am certain he will be delighted. Beautiful work. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. So like the colours you've used and the image is lovely. This is such a great card -- not to masculine and yet not feminine; just perfect. Thank you for entering this week's challenge at Card Crafter's Circle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super fantastic image and love your card. Great ribbon treatment. Thanks for joining us at SCH.
    Hugs, Heide SCH- Guest designer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! Your husband sounds like a great guy :)

    Thanks for joining Sugar Creek Hollow this week!

    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michael...you sound like an awesome guy!! Fantastic card and love how masculine you've made it.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun to read the thoughts behind your card Kathya! I have an awesome DH too! Beautiful card designing! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a beautiful card! I'm sure your hubby loved it!! Such a great image and love the colors! Thanks for joining us over at It's All About The Vintage & Beauty Challenge! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice card...I bet your husband loved it!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful Kathya! Love the vintage image and the ribbon and buckle! :)

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete