Sunday, May 18, 2014

Spring Is In The Air

Hello my lovelies! I hope your weekend was a wonderful one. We are having the most beautiful days here in Tampa, Florida. The temperature is just perfect, and the sun is shinning so amazingly bright. It makes it kind of hard to be at work during the week, but when I get out and start driving home I can't believe how lucky we are. That's why I just love these sunny weekends! Hopefully the weather is getting nicer wherever you live.

This is my last card from the spring class that I've been blogging about lately. Although it makes me a little sad, I have to say that on a positive side it's what brought my cardmaking blogging mojo back. I can't wait to show you the cards I've created since then. I don't know how you feel about the statement I'm about to make but I would like your opinion on the matter: this craft of creating cards that we share trough our blogs can really help you work through what I call "funk times". For me, forcing myself to go to a class and make these cards really got me back to where I needed to be. To have an image, color it, and work with a design and beautiful papers to create a finished card is what I needed. I recommend it to anyone that falls in a creative rut, if its in your hands, sign up for a cardmaking class and get your hands to work. In my case, it made me realize how much I enjoy doing this, and since the teacher had everything ready for us, I didn't have an excuse of having to select paper or images or even embellishments. I just concentrated on getting back to what I love most: coloring, selecting which side of the paper to use, gluing it and applying embellishments to it. My intention was not to bore you with what I said. Hopefully it may help someone that may be feeling like I was.  And now here is the card, enjoy!

Front View:
Inside View:
Detail of Image:
Alternate View:
 

This card was created using:
Stamp: Taylored Expresseions "Hello Spring"
Die cut: Taylor Expressions "Spring is in the air"  
Other: Embellishments and paper provided by teacher
 
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Challenges 4 Everybody: Challenge #41 - Anything Goes
Come and Get It Challenges: Let's Play Bingo (3 or more layers, free choice-rhinestone, flowers)
Dragonfly Dreams Challenge: Challenge 5 - How Does Your Garden Grow!
Stamping Sensations: May Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafting At The Weekend: Challenge 1 - Anything Goes
Kit and Clowder: May Challenge - Flowers
Treasured Times Rubber Stamps & Scrapbooking Challenge Blog: Challenge #18 - Anything Goes
Artbymiran Challenge: Challenge #6 - Anything Goes
 
Hugs, Kathya



12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kathya and such lovely bright and virant colours.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card hun and just the job for our challenge at Dragonfly Dreams thanks for sharing and very good luck hugs Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi hun me again thanks so much for sharing your lovely make over at Crafting at the Weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a bright and cheerful card well designed and colored. I agree with your statement about "funk times", I've gotten my mojo back with online classes too (small town). Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge this week. Barb DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you, I think crafting and creating is very therapeutic! I love to color with my Copics, it’s relaxing and puts me in a better mood instantly! I love the card you created, it’s very sweet! Thank you so much for joining us at Craftitude! ~Shana DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful!
    Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and come back again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian
    Owner Dragonfly Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute cute cute! I love each and every one of those adorable images! What a great card. Awesome job on coloring the tiny critters

    Thanks for sharing with My Sheri Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute cute cute. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just super cute and I love the cheerful colours.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eeeep! This is precious Kathya! How can you not like cute little characters like these. The plaid and green really make the image pop. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute card! Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This makes me smile! Those little guys are so cute and I love the bright colours and strong lines of your design. The red and white paper is so playful and the texture of the green cardstock looks wonderful. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes/That's Die-licious challenge at Craftitude this fortnight. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete